3/11/2010

NFL Draft Analysis, Part I

It's approaching D-Day, H-Hour for football fans as NFL squads adjust plans of action for our run up to draft day.  It falls to yours truly to broadcast any sports information that might show up on this blog; Lord knows my co-author won't do it, as Flo's floccinaucinihilipilification* about sporting affairs knows no bounds**.  Thus, my thoughts on a position-by-position basis follow.

A handful of young guns will audition for a spot taking snaps.  A quick synopsis of six of 2010's top guys:
  1. Sam Bradford from Oklahoma ranks atop this list according to my analysis. An injury-fraught history will harm his status, but a coach should risk picking him fairly high.
  2. I would not draft a guy who willfully opts to go by "Jimmy".   Maturity is paramount at this position, and a Jimmy lacks it almost indubitably.
  3. For my dollar, Colt McCoy, not commonly thought first round quality, will grant solid production for low cost.  Gritty, that McCoy.
  4. Cowboy Zac Robinson : am I including him simply for no typing difficulty?  Mainly, but Robinson's good, though.
  5. That Tim guy from Florida will not pan out.  Possibly a solid H-back in coming days.
  6.  And last but not most trivial (just kidding, most trivial, too, by far), my tricky, sly pick: Jonathan Crompton.  Can't say much about his NCAA affiliation, but what NFL squad won't want to add a guy with disturbing, wispy facial hair?  Can't miss.  As long as you aim at a UFL slot.


* Ha!  Did I do that right?
** Not totally truthful.  Flo plays kickball.

No comments:

Post a Comment