3/31/2010

Fantasy Hardball

I took part in a fantasy draft not long ago and was aiming for solid, lipogrammatic guys to play on my squad.  Down to brass tacks, though, picking all and only guys on my list was an impossibility.  My fantasy lipogram ball club:
C: Kurt Suzuki, Oakland A's
1B: Troy Glaus, Atlanta
2B: Brandon Phillips, Cincinnati
3B: Pablo Sandoval, San Francisco Giants
SS: Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado
OF: Justin Upton, Arizona Diamondbacks
OF: Shin-Soo Choo, Indians
OF: Carl Crawford, Tampa Bay Rays

SP: Roy Oswalt, Houston Astros
SP: Tommy Hanson, Atlanta
SP: Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals
SP: Matt Cain, San Francisco Giants
RP: Brian Wilson, San Francisco Giants
RP: Carlos Marmol, Chicago Cubs
And my back-ups: Adam Lind, Toronto; Matt Holliday, St. Louis Cardinals; Marco Scutaro, Boston; Gavin Floyd, Chicago; Ichiro Suzuki, Sailors (a strain, I know, sorry); and Matt Garza, Tampa Bay Rays.

A tad soft at first, but a strong squad all around.  Tough to win against that group. I would put that club up against anybody.

And I should add that partial inspiration for this was found at this spot, which was found via that spot.  Thanks for linking and providing such brilliant information.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is cool! Glad I was inspiring.

    ReplyDelete